Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Work, work, work at MUO

Life here in New York is still very busy, but in the best possible way! Andrew and I have been following the three title holders around to all kinds of charity events, appearances, and volunteer trips. Now we are working hard to catch up on all of the editing work that needs to be done in the office. Here are links to four new videos that Andrew and I edited.

Fadil Shoot Part 1 (shot by Andrew and Nicole, edited by Nicole)
Fadil Shoot Part 2 (shot by Andrew and Nicole, edited by Andrew)
Same Sky (edited by Nicole)
Salsa Part 2 (edited by Andrew)

On Thursday of last week I got to go with Miss USA on a trip to West Point, which was amazing! The campus was beautiful and filled with history. The cadets led our tour and told us all about what life is like at a military academy. It was very inspiring, but it also made me happy that I go to a normal university and not a military one. One of the highlights of the trip was the train ride up the Hudson river. It was refreshing to get out of the city and see all of the beautiful scenery that surrounds the academy. Video coming soon!

The other cool event I went to last week was the Viennese Opera Ball, which was the fanciest event that I will probably ever go to in my life. Held at the Waldorf Hotel, there were all kinds of foreign dignitaries, debutantes, and celebrities there. Even some of the cadets we had met at West Point the day before were invited. Right now, I'm working on a video about Miss USA learning how to waltz for the event. The night was filled with ballroom dancing and performances from opera singers and ballerinas. I even got to snatch a steak dinner from an empty seat at Miss USA's table. It was a long night, but I got a lot of great footage! Again, video coming soon! Keep watching Missuniverse.com for more content.

I hear that everyone back in Ohio got covered in snow last Friday and then again today! We luckily missed the first snow storm, but we definitely got hit today. The MUO office had to close early so that everyone could make it home safely. The snow is still falling, so let's hope that tomorrow we can still make it to work. So much to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment